Thursday, February 4, 2010

SKIING!!!!

Snowboarder turned Skier...

Today I went over to the dark side and tried skiing for the first time ever!

This is a picture of Rob and I with our friends Gemma and Sam who turned into our instructors for the day, they were great!

When arriving at the Canyons this morning I felt as nervous as I did the first time I went up a mountain. Putting on a pair of ski boots and clicking into my skis felt so weird. It scared me so much that my feet weren't strapped to one thing and had to be controlled separately.

Anyhow we went up the gondola and headed to the baby slopes, 3 runs later we were moving on to the next slope with a greater gradient. I was nervous... but at High meadow was where it all came together. After no time i was confidently plowing down the hill and was actually in control. Within no time everyone had decided that Rob and I were ready for the next step... Saddleback - Snow dancer.

We were so ready!!! I was quickly linking turns and not pointing my skis up hill every i made the next turn. I was soooo pleased, within a matter of hours I had literally fallen in love with skiing, and I felt like I had made real progress. I was so proud of myself!

Today was a pretty awesome day! I learnt to ski, I only fell over 4 times, I only got one big bruise and I had awesome Fun!! Skiing is now my new Thursday hobby I am so keen to progress and be confident enough to explore the whole mountain.

...Watch this space!

...Check Rob and I out doing our stuff, I was practicing bending my knees, i was having issues. Rob was posing for the camera, he was actually a really good skier!

No comments:

Post a Comment