Saturday, February 27, 2010

Good Bye!

Katie left today. It was a real shame. I think we all felt she could have done with a few more days here or even a few weeks. Katie was only here for a week, but it has seemed much longer. We've done so much. It has been a really really good week. I haven't eaten out this much since we've been in Park city, but its all good, I enjoyed it. What did we do when Katie was here...

Friday.
Katie arrived. We just slept.

Saturday.
Katie spent the day shopping at Tanger outlets whilst we worked out little socks off. In the Evening we all went round to Jenny's house ate pizza and went for a hot tub at the Sundial Lodge at the Canyons. It was rather nice. Well that was until Katie passed out in the shower after she got out of the hot tub. It was a little scary to say the least. I've never seen anyone faint before. Luckily Katie was OK and only slightly banged her head. I guess it was a combination of things that caused it; the altitude, jet lag, going from Hot to Cold, Dehydration and the fact she had just eaten moments before getting in the hot tub. Hopefully that will be the first and last time she does that.

Sunday.
Sunday was Robs day off work. So Rob took Katie onto the mountain. It was pretty good actually, we realised one of the lower lifts had no ticket checkers, which meant that Katie could use this lift free of charge and not have to worry about having a ticket. The two of them lapped sunrise all day and got Katie back on her feet again, its a pretty good run for building confidence. On Sunday night we planned to go to Ruby Tuesdays for a quiet meal, we also knew a few of our friends would be going too. We all decided to go together. I thought there would be a small group of around 6 to 8 of us. There ended up being over 20. It was a good night though, and was nice to see everyone. It also gave Katie the opportunity to meet the majority of our good friends.

Monday.
Both Rob and I worked Monday. This gave Katie the opportunity to have a day snowboarding by herself. Which is always good to practice what you have learnt previously. Katie ventured up to Mid mountain and it cost her nothing. I'd given her my season pass to see if that would work, as I never use it when at work. Luckily it did work. So it saved Katie a good $40+. Happy Days.
On Monday night we went to the pizza restaurant around the corner from us and we also went to get ice cream from this cool place called yellow snow. The food was really good and the ice cream was delicious but it really annoys me how you are served in a restaurant in the US. As soon as we arrived in Fuego (the pizza joint) the waitress was pestering us to take our order in what seemed like a matter of seconds. We eventually ordered our food. We got a started to share, it came. Before we even had chance to finish the starter (which came very quickly) the main was on the table. It was kind of irritating. All I wanted was a relaxing meal were I could just sit and chill out for a few hours. To top if off the restaurant was really cold. Apart from all that it was a good meal.

Tuesday.
Tuesday was my first day off work with Katie. Of course we went snowboarding. Although this time I couldn't get Katie a season pass to use, so she had to use one of my half price tickets. Which I guess it better than nothing. We ventured around the whole mountain after spending the most part of the morning at mid mountain. I was seriously impressed with Katie, she seemed like a different person compared to the snowboarder I had seen in France just a year earlier. I was Happy, she was Happy, everyone was happy. On Tuesday night we showed Katie the joys of the Christian centre. I think she liked it. It was a really good night, the food was good and we all won lots of thing. After the Christian Centre we all went to main street and had some drinks. We headed to O'Shucks and No Name saloon. It was a good night.

Wednesday.
This was the most random day. I think we all woke up a little worse for wear. Anyway we all got our shit together and decided we were going to go snowboarding. The thing is after arriving at the mountain and having had breakfast no one was in the mood for snowboarding anymore. We all just went home and then headed to main street. It was nice. We just browsed through the shops and had a leisurely day. Later on we went to the cinema. Big Mistake! The film was way too scary for me. The whole time I was so worrying about being scared I pretty much missed the plot of the film so never really got it. Typical me. Sophie, Gemma and Rob thought it was Amazing and Katie on the other hand was bored stiff. haha. We watched Shutter Island with Leonardo Decaprio, Check it out. The film finished quite late, well so late that we couldn't find anywhere to eat. Annoying. We ended up going to Red Banjo on Main Street (where my friend Andrea works) and eating the last Pieces of pizza they had. I guess that was better than nothing. Although I was still hungry.

Thursday.
Both Rob and I were off work. It was really great as it had snowed lots during the night, so it was a lovely powdery day. Thursday was my favorite day boarding. We had lots of fun, Katie's boarding progressed lots and she hit her first black whilst also mastering powder. It was a good day all round. Although I was totally shattered. Its not often I do a whole day boarding anymore. For Dinner we thought we would try Bangkok Thai on Main street. It was AMAZING!!!! Easily the best meal we had all week. I'll definitely be taking dad there. It wasn't very cheap though, it ended up being pretty extravagant. It was such a lovely day.

Friday.
This was Katie's last full day and night. What a shame, we were just getting used to having her. Anyways I had to work and Rob the jammy git had managed to wangle the day off. So he got to spend the day riding with Katie. They had fun by all accounts. I had one of the worst days at work yet (but i wont go into that) so I wasn't in the greatest of moods when I finished work. Rob and Katie had waited for me to finish work so that we could all go shopping together. If I'm honest I couldn't really bothered to go shopping but luckily Katie was surprisingly quick and didn't want to go in many shops. On the way home we went to Ruby Tuesdays for our last supper together... I was soooo Full. It was really good though. Really really good. I hope it was as good as Katie had expected. I love Ruby Tuesdays.

Today (Saturday)
Katie Left today. Bummer. It was kind of annoying as we had to say good bye first thing this morning as we were working and we were all half asleep, it was a bit of a shame. My day started off pretty rubbish and I really didn't want to be there. But by mid after noon I decided to buck up my ideas and I turned into probably the chirpiest person on the mountain. It was kind of cool though, as my boss had seen how nice and friendly I was being to all the guests and so impressed that she gave me a prize. I now have a $15 itunes voucher to blow. Happy days. The day passed pretty quickly today so I was happy. When we arrived home I was even happier...
Katie, bless here, had tided the whole flat it was amazing... it really was a tip before. She had also bought us gifts. Rob got a lib tech hat that he's wanted for ages and I got some bananas and banana milk shake. I never realised how happy a surprise bottle of banana milk shake could make me. I seem to have been smiling all night. Thank you Katie :o)

Just a pic of the lovely things we had waiting for us when we returned from work.

So Katie, Thank you so much for your visit. It was an awesome week. I had so much fun, even though I am exhausted now. Again thank you for the groceries you replaced (it wasn't necessary mind), the gifts and for tidying up. Your welcome to come visit anytime. I hope your journey home is safe and quick.
With Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment