Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Antelope Island.


Yesterday we went to Antelope Island which is located right in the middle of the great salt lake. Its named after the Antelope which live there. We saw plenty of them. We also saw hundreds of buffalo, they are enormous! Pretty cool though, I didn't realize you could get so close to them. Antelope Islands pretty cool too, it has its own mountain range and beaches and stuff, it would make a really cool place to visit in the summer for picnics, bike rides and such.
Today was a nice day. It was stupidly hot. Easily 20 degrees Celsius, we were skiing in just t-shirts and hoodies. Robin had quite badly burnt his arms... everyone (Katie.T) knows what Rob gets like when he's been burnt, we never hear the bloody end of it. We had skis today, I really enjoyed it. Although I don't feel like I made as much progress as I did on my first day. I guess its a gradual thing. Today is Dads last full day here, and bless him, he's warn out. He's asleep now, snoring his head off. Its a shame too as its St Patricks day, so it means all the bars are heaving, and I can't really be bothered with all that and Dad isn't the biggest fan of St Patricks day anyway. I just wanted to go and play pool and show the boys what i'm really made of. Another time maybe. I don't want Dad to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment